Aberdeen Artists Society’s 2022 Exhibition at Aberdeen Art Gallery 16th April – 3rd July
In association with Aberdeen Archives, Gallery & Museums, Aberdeen Artists Society is delighted to announce our 2022 Exhibition, taking place at Aberdeen Art Gallery from 16th April until 3rd July 2022.
This is a very exciting opportunity for artists in the UK, so don’t miss out on the chance to submit your best work to this prestigious show, in the beautifully refurbished, award-winning Aberdeen Art Gallery.
Login to your OESS account if you already have one, otherwise create a new account. All submissions are subject to entry fees as follows:
£7.50 per artwork for AAS members.
£12.50 per artwork for non-members.
Entry fees are paid online via OESS and are not refundable.
You may enter a maximum of three artworks.
Work needs to have been completed in 2020 or later, and may include: paintings, drawings, screenprints, photographs, mixed media and textiles, sculpture and other 3D work, jewellery and Video. Reproductions such as Giclée copy prints will not be considered.
Two-dimensional works should have D-rings fitted.
Paint must be dry and frames must be safe for handling.
Videos should be no more than 7 minutes in duration. Submission of videos will be via OESS, but not as an upload directly, so you will need to provide a link via OESS to Vimeo or YouTube or similar video provider.
Follow the instructions on the OESS entry form to upload your photographic images in the correct format and size. This is important for the Selection process, as well as helping to ensure the images printed in the Catalogue and in publicity materials are of high quality.
Each uploaded image file must not exceed 3.00MB and should be at least 96dpi. Smartphone photographs are acceptable, but for best results, take them in daylight. Please see the Photo Guide standards at: https://aberdeenartistssociety.co.uk/guide-to-photographing-artwork-for-online-submission/
This shows you how to prepare photographs of artwork to meet the necessary image size and quality.
You can save your OESS Entry Form at any stage and come back to it later; then once you’re happy with your submission, con¬firm your entry and print out the form as instructed.
Terms and Conditions: To proceed with your submission, you must accept the following Conditions of Entry:
- I understand and accept that the decisions of Aberdeen Artists Society’s (AAS) Organisers, Selectors and Curators are final.
- I understand and accept that neither Aberdeen Artists Society nor its officers will engage in any correspondence or discussion on the outcomes of our selection processes.
- I accept that Aberdeen Artists Society Council reserve the right to alter the arrangements relating to any aspect of the Exhibition and its organisation according to circumstances.
- I confirm that the artwork submitted has not previously been exhibited publicly in Scotland, nor online, other than on social media.
- I understand and accept that by submitting and uploading images of my artwork to Aberdeen Artists Society via the OESS Entry Form, I give full and permanent permission for the AAS and AAGM to store, communicate, process, print, publish or otherwise use these images for the purposes of promotion, publicity, film-making, documentation and cataloguing, both now and in the future.
- I confirm that the sale price of the artwork as I state it in the OESS Entry Form is correct and includes the Commission of 37% for non AAS Members or 30% for AAS Members
- I confirm that in the event that my artwork is transported across national borders in connection with the 2022 Exhibition then I, the artist, will be responsible for the payment of all customs duties and any other fees which may be due in this connection including transportation and / or storage.
- I confirm that the artwork submitted is my own original creation, is for sale, and is mine to sell.
Enter the exhibition here
Create new OESS accout
Login to OESS Account
Prizes and Awards:
Judging Panel: Joe Fan RSA and Ade Adesina RSA and Rachel Maclean
Aberdeen Artists Society Prizes:
First Prize of £1000
Prize for Video and Film: £750
Four awards of £250 each
Dr Donnie Ross Prize for Innovation & Creativity in Watercolour:
One award of £500 and Two awards of £250
The MSD Design Ltd Prize for Drawing and Painting 2022
The GRP Aberdeen Ltd Prize for Drawing and Painting 2022
The MSD Design Ltd and GRP Aberdeen Ltd prizes in the list above were gifted by Martin Stevenson, who is the owner of both Companies with the aim of encouraging and championing traditional drawing and painting imbued with the British school aesthetic.
It would be expected that prize winners would display mastery in the techniques underpinning drawing, painting, draughtsmanship and understanding of the emotional palette.
*Martin Stevenson will judge the above two prizes separately.
- OESS opens for submissions on 8th January 2022.
- OESS Submission Deadline: 12.00 midnight on 12th February 2022.
- Entrants should login to OESS on or after 19th February 2022 to find out their Pre-selection results.
- If your work is pre-selected, print out the art-work labels and submission form via OESS, and arrange for the work to be picked up by one of the following professional Carriers: Paul Gilzean, Tel: 07802 467649, or alternatively Stuart Horsburgh, Tel: 07867 501778.
- If you use one of the carriers, Pre-Selected works need to be delivered to Mill Farm, Kemnay AB51 5NY, between 21st and 26th March. All work must be accompanied by the printed-out labels and form.
- However, if you wish to deliver your artworks yourself, please bring them to Mill Farm, Kemnay AB51 5NY, during the weekend of Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th March 2022, between 10:30am and 5pm.
- Entrants will be advised by email of the results of Selection on 9th April 2022.
- Pick up non-selected works from Mill Farm, Kemnay AB51 5NY on either 30th April or 1st May 2022 between 10:30am and 5pm. Check the AAS Website for updates first!
- The Exhibition Opening Event will be at Aberdeen Art Gallery, provisionally on Saturday 16th April at 11.00am, but check the AAS Website ahead of time for confirmation.
- Exhibition closes on 3rd July 2022.
- Buyers to collect Purchased Work from Mill Farm on 9th or 10th July 2022, or make alternative arrangements via email@example.com. Purchased work must remain in the exhibition until it closes.
Organisers and Enquiries:
Aberdeen Artists Society Exhibition 2022 is organised by:
AAS President Dr. Donnie Ross and Senior Curators:
Susie Hunt, Gerry Stott and Bruce Swanson
Aberdeen Art Gallery and Museums: https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/AAGM
Standing Orders: https://aberdeenartistssociety.co.uk/aas-standing-rules/
ll works will be insured while on exhibition within the Gallery, however, neither Aberdeen Artists Society nor Aberdeen City Council Art Gallery and Museums take any responsibility for damage, injury or consequential loss during transport or storage of artworks, prior to, or after the exhibition, and entrants should make their own arrangements for insurance of works, during these times.