Open Exhibition at the Aberdeen Art Fair
Friday 7th of September to Sunday 9th September 2018
Aberdeen Artists’ Society (AAS) will host an open exhibition at Aberdeen Art Fair at the Beach Ballroom. Present members of the society and past members of Aberdeen Artists’ Society are invited to submit one work for this showcase exhibition that will include invited artists.
Stage 1 electronic submission
This will be a selected show. The selection committee will review electronic image files of a single work by each artist.
Image jpeg files, of no more than 2Mb showing each work to be considered, should be e-mailed to Rod Scott (see details below). The e-mail should contain the following information. Artist’s name, title of work, medium used, sale price and dimensions of the work.
Submission by e-mail of electronic files to firstname.lastname@example.org should be made from the 3rd August until the 10th August 2018. No submissions will be considered after midnight on the 10th August.
The results for the stage 1 submission will be communicated by e-mail and the selectors’ decisions are final and non-negotiable.
The electronic image submitted must be exactly the same work that is delivered at the hand-in.
There is no submission fee for current members of the society but past-members must pay a fee of £5 for work submitted. Non-refundable cheques made payable to Aberdeen Artist’s Society should be sent to the Treasurer at 7, Victoria Terrace, Kemnay, Aberdeenshire AB51 5RL prior to the submission.
Stage 2 handing-in of selected work
At Mill Farm, Kemnay, Aberdeenshire AB51 5NY
Saturday 25th August 13:00 to 16:00
Sunday 26th August 13:00 to 16:00
Checklist for handing-in:
- Correctly labelled work
- Signed Entry form
Number of Works to be submitted:
You may enter ONE work.
- All work should be framed with D-rings and strung. The work can have a maximum dimension of 1m including frame. Paintings, artist’s prints, drawings, mixed media and photography are all acceptable. NO reproduction prints will be accepted.
- Textiles will be acceptable.
- All work submitted will be at the artist’s risk, the organisers will NOT have insurance to cover the art in the exhibition.
- All works must be dry.
- The Society reserves the right to refuse any work which is deemed unsuitable for display.
No 3-D work on this occasion
Labels and the Entry Form
- Please complete both halves of the swing-label: one separate label per work entered.
- When attaching the label to the back of a mounted picture, use enough string to allow the label to hang over the top, then tape the string of the label to the back securely – to prevent it being easily torn off during handling.
- Exhibitors of prints, photographs, and multiples should ensure that the number in the edition/available sections of the label and submission form are completed.
- In addition to the AAS tie-on label, each submitted work should also have a permanently affixed label which gives the following information:
- Name; Address; Tel; E-mail address;
- Title; Medium; Price
- An Entry Form should be completed in CAPITAL LETTERS. The signed disclaimer indicates the acceptance of the conditions of entry. Without this signature no submitted work can be accepted by the Exhibition Custodian.
- There is a submission fee of £5 for previous members only (not up to date with membership payment). For present members entry is free.
Labels and entry form their availability
Labels and an entry form will be obtained by downloading templates from the AAS website:
OR by contacting Rod Scott at the e-mail address above.
Transport of work
All Artists will be responsible for the transportation of their work to Mill Farm and collection from the beach ballroom. Collection from Mill Farm by arrangement.
- All works submitted, will go through selection processes and the Selection/Hanging Committees decisions to accept or reject work will be final.
- Artists will be advised of the committee’s decision based on the electronic submissions as soon as possible after the date of selection. The hanging committee reserves the right to reject works that have passed selection and been submitted. Work which could not be displayed at the hanging stage will be made available to the artist for collection along with the hanging fee.
At the close of the Exhibition, all exhibited work not sold will be available for collection from Aberdeen beach ballroom:
- Sunday 9th September AT 5.00pm
- For collections, artists must bring ID and label notification for each artwork.
- If artists are sending someone else to collect on their behalf they must inform the Society in advance and ensure that their representative brings the notification labels for each artwork.
Responsibility for works
- While all reasonable care is taken of works submitted, such works are at all times, (during or awaiting transit to and from the exhibition, or during any period of storage, packing or unpacking or during the show) at the artist’s risk.
- Artists themselves are advised to arrange proper and adequate insurance to cover against loss or damage.
Disposal of abandoned works
- All works left uncollected will become the property of the organisers and will be disposed of by sale or otherwise.
Acceptance of conditions
The Artist’s signature on the entry form indicates his/her acceptance of the conditions set out in the regulations. Submission of an entry form indicates acceptance by the artist that their information will be stored on the AAS database, compliant with legislation on information storage.
- A commission of 25% on all works will be levied on all sales.
Roderick Scott (AAS treasurer) email@example.com
3rd – 10th August 2018 submission by e-mail of electronic files to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mill Farm, Kemnay, Aberdeenshire AB51 5NY
25th & 26th August 13:00 to 16:00
Opening (preview): Friday 7th September
The show will continue until Sunday 9th September; Pick-up of work 5-6 pm at the beach ballroom.
Additional Optional Opportunuty
WORK SUBMITTED FOR THE AAS SHOW AT THE ART FAIR CAN ALSO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE SOCIETY’S EXHIBITION AT HADDO HOUSE IN OCTOBER. SUBMISSION PAYMENTS FOR THE HADDO HOUSE EXHIBITION WIL BE LEVIED IN ADDITION AND AT THE SAME TIME. PLEASE CHECK-OUT DETAILS OF THE HADDO HOUSE CALL FOR WORKS ON FACEBOOK & THE AAS WEB PAGE. IDENTIFY YOUR INTEREST IN THIS POTENTIAL OPPORTUNITY ON YOUR SUBMISSION FORM AND LABELS.